Hall Director, Residence Life, Rutgers University (Fall 2014-June 2016)
- Supervise seven Apartment Assistants in an urban, apartment-style building and serve as advisor to Hall Government.
- Plan and implement co-curricular programming for approximately 700 residents relating to wellness, service, diversity and inclusion, and community building.
- Serve on a crisis intervention rotation for approximately 5,000 students.
- Collaborate with facilities and maintenance staff to ensure safe and secure living spaces for residents.
- Recruit new RAs and AAs through panel interviews and assist with selection and placement.
- Plan and implement programming for Global Roommates special interest community, a mentorship program for residential international and domestic students.
- Increased Hall Government board membership by 200%.
- Created and implemented safety campaign to reduce the number of non-residents entering the building and to encourage residents to practice safe living habits.
- Mediate student-to-student conflicts in the building and provide tools for conflict resolution.
- Manage a $4,500 budget for seven Apartment Assistants.
- Created and implemented Respect Our Space campaign, utilizing internet memes to increase student awareness about noise policy, guest policy, and smoking policy.
- Serve as Focus Group Recorder for Living Learning Communities; compiled reports based on feedback and participated in the evaluation of LLCs.
- Created and maintained Google Drive, accessible to Apartment Assistants and Hall Government members to promptly provide resources and to track all on-going building projects.
Special Projects Intern, University Housing, Appalachian State University (Summer 2015)
- Planned and coordinated a two-week Graduate Assistant and Resident Assistant training program.
- Researched and created online diversity training modules and an online conflict management training program for approximately 100 Resident Assistants and 20 Graduate Assistants.
- Assessed marketing strategies for Residential Learning Communities and made recommendations for increasing male participation.
- Collaborated with colleagues in creating Hall Opening Manual for all halls and professional staff members.
- Actively participated in the ongoing assessment and evaluation of Residence Life policies, programs and practices.
- Developed ongoing relationships campus partners in Student Conduct, Housing Administration, Center for Student Involvement, and Division of Student Development.
Residence Life Fellow, Elon University (Fall 2013-Summer 2014)
- Directly supervised seven Resident Assistants for an apartment-style complex and co-supervised 24 Resident Assistants with the help of the Assistant Director.
- Heard and adjudicated student conduct cases for students in all areas of campus.
- Created program tracker for 24 Resident Assistants to ensure that programming requirements were met.
- Planned and implemented programs for approximately 1,000 residents.
- Served as Administrator-on-Call as part of the university emergency response and crisis intervention team.
- Created Fellow Training Manual to provide documentation on proper training and successful transitions of fellows.
- Co-chaired Neighborhood Association, a group of students, staff, and faculty that implemented educational programs.
- Volunteered for and participated in divisional initiatives such as Greek Week, New Student Orientation, and Admitted Students Weekend.